Having recently added ALLMI to the list of accreditations we can deliver, we wanted to explain why it's one of the most sought after qualifications in the industry. Here's 10 Reasons to Choose ALLMI Accredited Training:
1) The ALLMI scheme is fully compliant with the requirements of BS7121 Part 4: 2010 (the British Standard for lorry loaders) and is endorsed by the ALLMI / CPA Best Practice Guide (BPG) for the 'Safe Use of Lorry Loaders'. The BPG is endorsed by the Safety Assessment Federation (SAFed), Construction Skills, the National Construction College, the Modular & Portable Building Association (MPBA) and the Health & Safety Executive (HSE), and it can be downloaded free of charge from the ALLMI website.
2) ALLMI is the only accrediting body to specialise in lorry loader training and it delivers the only operator programme to be written by the lorry loader industry, for the lorry loader industry. ALLMI's training standards are developed and maintained by the ALLMI Training Committee, which consists of representatives from various UK loader crane manufacturers / importers, fleet owners and training companies, as well as the HSE.
3) ALLMI provides unequalled and comprehensive technical and legislative support for its accredited instructor network, as well as all operators carrying the ALLMI card. No other accrediting body is able to offer such specialist advice and guidance in relation to the safe use of lorry loaders.
4) The quality and standard of ALLMI's course documentation for both its instructors and operators cannot be rivalled. Instructors receive the ALLMI Instructor Manual, as well as a range of training aids, which assist them in delivering the highest standard of lorry loader training and assessment. Operators are issued with the ALLMI Operator Manual, which serves as a reference guide throughout their career.
5) ALLMI is the only accrediting body to provide an Instructor Course specifically geared towards the delivery of lorry loader training.
6) Quality, accredited and audited training forms the backbone of the ALLMI scheme, in addition to the rigorous assessment process that operators must successfully complete.
7) Demand: the ALLMI card is arguably the UK's most sought after lorry loader operator qualification.
8) Due to the way in which the scheme is managed, the ALLMI programme provides employers with a comprehensive audit trail in relation to the training of operators, thereby facilitating essential support, should an accident occur involving lorry loader activities.
9) ALLMI enjoys an excellent reciprocal working relationship with the HSE. The HSE has input into many of ALLMI's projects and standards and, in turn, ALLMI assists the HSE in communicating good practice and legislative requirements to industry. The ALLMI scheme is the only one of its type to have received the HSE's 'Working in Partnership' commendation when these were issued. ALLMI operator training is also recognised by Build UK and is referenced within the organisation's official 'Training Standard'. In addition, the ALLMI course is approved by CSCS.
10) ALLMI does not use NVQs or log books as part of its scheme, as it believes that the most appropriate way to assist employers in determining competence is to administer refresher training and assessment on a periodic basis, as endorsed by Annex B, section 8.6 of BS7121 Part 4: 2010.
*ALLMI courses we deliver include (click link):