WHAT DOES THE APPRENTICESHIP ROLE INVOLVE?
The qualification is designed to train people in construction operations such as laying kerbs and channels to recognise industry standards. It is aimed at those who do not have any prior experience of the industry (new entrants) or those who are in work and are looking for recognition of their prior learning and experience.
Learners who achieve this qualification can use it to advance in the sector, or to work towards another qualification.
The primary purpose of this qualification is to develop the learner’s occupational competence as a construction operative. As a knowledge programme it will provide, on completion, the underpinning knowledge needed to meet the nationally recognised standard to carry out the role.
This qualification is assessed by completing various tasks. These can be carried out through practical assessment, knowledge-based questioning and/or online assessment. The assessor can then confirm that the learner has met the requirements of the qualification and that they have the necessary underpinning knowledge and skills.
The assessment process will ensure that the learner can:
• Interpret the instructions correctly
• Select the appropriate resources for the task
• Complete the tasks within the given timescales and specifications
COMMITMENT FROM EMPLOYERS/APPRENTICES
Both employers and apprentices will enter in to a Welsh Government apprenticeship learning agreement prior to starting the apprenticeship. For information/expectations on Apprenticeship learning agreements visit:
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS MAKE UP THE FRAMEWORK?
Framework Title - The Construction Civil Engineering (Wales) Framework
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Construction Operations and Civil Engineering Services
• Construction Operations (Construction)
• Level 2 Diploma in Construction Operations
• Essential Skills Qualification
• Application of Number at Level 1
• Communication at Level 1
WHAT DOES THE QUALIFICATION INCLUDE?
Candidates are required to complete the following units on the Diploma:
• Workplace Health, Safety and Welfare
• Conform to Productive Work Practices
• Set Out Secondary Dimensional Work Controls
• Lay Kerbs and Channels
• Lay Modular Pavement
• Search for Underground Services
• Sign, Light and Guard in the Work Area
• Sling and Signal the Movement of Loads
• Reinstate Ground Conditions
2020 START DATES