Work at Height (Essentials)
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is involved in work at height, particularly those who are new to working at height. This is an entry level course.
To enable an individual to effectively comply with their duties under the Work at Height Regulations.
Instruction by theory session with exercises. Theory assessments carry a pass mark of 80%.
• Current Legislation,
• Regulations and Guidance affecting work at height
• Employees responsibilities
• Types of access equipment
• Selecting appropriate equipment
• An overview of fall protection
• Fragile surfaces
• Risk assessments
• Emergency & rescue
• Inspecting equipment
No formal qualifications needed but it would be helpful to have some understanding of the Work at Height Regulations and Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.