Car / Van & Trailer Safety Training (B+E)
Prior to starting the course you need to hold a Category B Car driving licence.
This course will provide you with the basic skills, knowledge and information to proficiently tow a trailer with a car / van.
1:1 - 3.5 hrs
2:1 - 6.5 hrs
Client Site with suitable training area or;
COTS Training Llandarcy. Skills House, Tank Farm Road, Llandarcy, SA10 6EN.
• Driver Licence check
• Demonstration and understanding of vehicle safety whilst towing
• Vehicle and trailer familiarisation
• Vehicle and trailer pre-use check
• Individual practice of reverse manoeuvre in various scenarios
• Safe procedure of couple and uncouple of the trailer including brake system, electrical connection and jockey wheel operation
• A short on-road drive whilst towing
• On-site reverse and couple/uncouple assessment.